Re: Solitaire Conversion

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Solitaire Conversion

The problem with converting it to the 83 is graphics.  I wrote Solitaire
for the Ti-92, and I was going to convert it to the 85, but there were a
few problems.  1)  The 85 didn't allow cutting and pasting of specific
sections of the screen like the 92 does.  I'm not sure if the 83 lets you
do this ( I don't own one ).  2) In order to get the seven rows across the
screen, the size of each card would be too small to fit on the screen and
be able to see what card it was.  I was thinking of using the arrow keys to
switch between sets of rows, but it wasn't worth the time.

Both of these problems are solvable for the 85 and the 83, but I don't have
the time to do it. ( I've got a few of my own new games in the works )  I
designed the basic changes needed, but i never tried implementing them.  If
someone would like to try to convert the program, they can feel free to
contact me and try. The code is somewhat complex, and unless you have an
understanding of linked lists and can handle graphics fairly well, I
wouldn't suggest that you try it. If you want to try to convert the
program, I would be willing to help explain any part of the code that
anyone doesn't understand.  You can get the code at
http://johnsj.stu.rpi.edu/ti/index.html.  Have fun.

jj

At 12:34 PM 11/18/96 -0600, Paul M. Bruner wrote:
>There is one for the ti-92, someone could just convert it to 83...
>
>-Paul Bruner
>you can find it at www.tiorg.com
>
>On Sun, 17 Nov 1996, Chad Palmer wrote:
>
>> I was wondering would it be possible to design a solitare program for the
>> TI-83 in basic?  Is there anybody out that who would like to try?  I'd
>> really like to see this, but I unfortunally neither have the time nor
>> knowledge to do it myself.
>>

>> Chad Palmer
>> palmer@carol.net
>> Chad Palmer                 email:  palmer@carol.net
>> President, Fife for Sheriff Chapter of TAGSRWC
>>
>> Happy Holidays!!!!!
>> from the Fife for Sheriff Chapter

 \ JJ Johns
  \ johnsj@rpi.edu
   \ Creator of The Not-So Complete TI-92 Archive
    | http://johnsj.stu.rpi.edu/ti/ti92.html
   / Observations:
  / "The quickest way to get an engineer to solve a problem
 / is to declare it it totally impossible."