Re: Philosophy -- 92's at the high school level?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Philosophy -- 92's at the high school level?

>For those who were worried, paper and pencil are still alive and well in
>some places, although I will admit, they are no longer the end all be all
>of mathematics education anymore.

It is true that paper and pencil has not completely died out. I am in
Pre-calculus and we don't use our calculators ALL the time. We are not a
bunch of sicked and twisted calculator dependent zombies who don't know
what to do without it. In my AP Physics and AP Chem classes the calculators
are utilized for speed because there is no way you can get through an AP
test without a calc in the time that is provided. The extra functions that
my 85 provides makes it easier for me to get passed the long and drawn out
calculations and get to the root of the problem and really solve it. The
calculator in no way detracts from me learning the subject matter.

--Caitlin