Re: (TI-83) How do I store a formula as text?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

In <E0yMMy.4K1@news2.new-york.net>, "Harry Elam" <hbe@way.com> writes:

>>   "Bill Brower" <wbrower@indiana.edu> writes:
>>  I have a TI-83 and want to store some basic formulas for reference.
>>  For example, I'd like to store "D=(I-A)X" somewhere.
>>  I tried the List function, but continually get syntax errors for the =
>>  symbol.

>Have you looked at chapter 15 of the Guidebook? You can store an
>expression in a string variable, say Str0, and execute it with
>expr(Str0). Of course, you have to go to the Catalog to find expr(...

expr(Str0) is fine for converting a string into an expression, but
I too can't figure out how to do the opposite -- get expression
A into string Str0.  The calculator barfs on A->Str0.  Equ>String(
works only with equations.  There's gotta be a way... but what is
it?