Strange Things('wrting to the ROM?'). HELP!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Strange Things('wrting to the ROM?'). HELP!

Can someone help me out of this: My 82 don't start. I tried to take out
all
the bateries(including the Lithium one) and press many times [ON],
but nothing hapened. I will discribe all what I made:

While I was playing around with Backups, I changed the 3rd byte after
the screen memory, this byte (as I think), is responsible for the cursor
form(2nd, or Alphe, or normal ...). I changed this value to 0xF and I
sent the backup.

When I exited the Link menu in the 82, the cursor was the one used when
pressing [2nd]. But I was unable to use the keys. The only key that made
something, was the [ON], and because [2nd] is on, my calulator shut
down.

Now, when I turn ON the calculator, there is still the same cursor, and
only the [ON] can be used to shut down to calc. I tried to tale out
*all*
the bateries, but the calc doesn't reset. It's hanging. Can some one
help me?
And can some one explain why this ?

<pre>
--