Re: Best TI Calculator

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Best TI Calculator

>I am in a mathematics/computer science track in HS and now college, and I
>own both the TI-85 and TI-92.  I bought the TI-85 shortly after it was
>introduced for several reasons:
>1)The Casio FX-7700 I had went through batteries (coincell I might add) way
>too quickly...
>2)The Solver
>3)Conversions
>4)Memory capacity
>5)Easy programming (compared to casio)

You got that right about the Casio 7700. I had one before I got my 85 and
it went through batteries WAY too fast. And, the batteries were really hard
to get. The TI batteries are so much more easier to get. They are just 4
AAA batteries and you can get them anywhere. I would have fresh batteries
in 7700 and then after a short while, I started getting "Low Battery"
signals every time I turned it on. It was so annoying. I just had to join
the TI cult and I find that it is much more efficient. I am in high school
and I am taking AP Chemistry, AP Physics and Pre-calculus and the TI-85
does all the things I need it to do when I need it. With the Casio 7700, I
always had to wait for it to "warm up" before I could do anything. The
memory capacity is much better, the programming is easier, and it just has
a lot more neat little functions on it than the 7700. The conversion
function is GREAT because I have to do a lot of those kind of things in my
classes.

Anyway, there's my $0.02 about the 85 vs. the Casio 7700. I LOVE my 85.

--Caitlin Keidel