Re: Fargo isn't working

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fargo isn't working

On Fri, 15 Nov 96 00:00:33 GMT, rligeski@webbernet.net (Richard
Ligeski) wrote:
>Hello,
>
>    As the subject says, I can't get fargo to work.  I followed all of the
>directions that were included in the zipped file.  I used the TI link, and
sent
>the three main files: flib, romlib, shell.92p.  That did not work so I tried
>send all of the 92p files to my calc, and it still did not work.  My calc is
>ver 1.2.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
>Thanks
>Brian Ligeski

Did you use the included link program to make a backup of the ROM and
etc as it stated in the directions? You did not mention doing this and
it is required before you transfer the files you mentioned above. The
instructions were not real clear on the process of making the backup
of the rom, it is not initiated from the 92, the 85 has a option to
backup the memory, there is no such option from the 92's link menu.
What you must do to get the backup of the ROM is run LINK.BAT you will
get a menu, make sure the 92 is plugged in and the parrallel port is
initiated. Then select "B" to backup the rom and it will initiate the
92 to d/l its rom, make sure your 92 is not in the link menu also,
mine would not do a transfer when it was in the Link menu , just leave
it in the main.  Hope that helps works great for me and as for ROM
versions mine is 1.7 and it works fine.

                              LAter