Re: Why are TI Calcs so inferior?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, Wild Bill wrote:

> > I've been looking over the tech specs for all the TI calculators, and
> > I can't argue that these calculators are spectacular. They are the
> > most ingenious pieces of equipment for school use and such. However,
> > they're hardware is very inferior. The hard disk so to speak only is
> > about 30K. The processor runs at 6MHz? It only has an assembly
> Get a degree in electronics and when you know the difference between a
> "hard drive" and RAM memory, then you might understand why circuitry
> designed for battery operated devices isn't feasible with the most powerful
> devices and fastest clock speeds!

Okay, everyone.  Note the 'so to speak' in the sentence about the "hard
drive".  Also, to the original author, explain how TI can make a computer
to outperform yours for less than the cost of the 92, yet their laptops
cost >$2000.

Tony Lieuallen = lieuallen@iop.com          Oxymoron: Power Macintosh
Welcome to the ever changing sig!  It changes every time I log in, so
don't flame me if it's a little long.  Enjoy!

Lassie looked brilliant, in part because the farm family she lived with
was made up of idiots.  Remember?  One of them was always getting
pinned under the tractor, and Lassie was always rushing back to the
farmhouse to alert the other ones.  She'd whimper and tug at their
sleeves, and they'd always waste precious minutes saying things: "Do
you think something's wrong?  Do you think she wants us to follow her?
What is it, girl?", etc., as if this had never happened before, instead
of every week.  What with all the time these people spent pinned under
the tractor, I don't see how they managed to grow any crops
whatsoever.  They probably got by on federal crop supports, which
Lassie filed the applications for.
                -- Dave Barry