Re: Fargo for the Mac

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fargo for the Mac

On 11/13/96 you said:

>I understand Josh Wardell (by the way, thanks for all, Josh!)
>intends to post backups with Fargo in them for different ROM
>versions. It will serve the needs of *users* of Fargo programs
>without a PC. My problem is not that. I have Fargo up and running,
>but I want to *write* programs in asm for my TI92, and do not
>wish to be forced to continue to use a borrowed PC for that.
>
>I understand I need do  duplicate the Fargo .exe programs, but their
>sources are not there. Is there any hope to have them ?

Well, from my understanding this is partially true.  From what I can tell,
the actual Fargo .exe programs simply take the compiled assembly file and
use the compiler index to add appropriate offsets to the file header.  That
is prety simple C code that could be ported easily.  The harder part is
actually compiling the assembly.  From my brief attempts at it, MPW
Assembly (about it for the Mac) has a completly different header and macro
file syntax, which makes the files included to help programmers useless.
I'd love to be proven wrong here, but even the hello world program won't
compile for me in MPW.  If anyone out there knows MPW, please let us know
how to use it for fargo.

Eric