Re: Release of Fargo

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Release of Fargo

>Screw David. The man's a selfish old bastard.
>Post a *REAL* Beta Version!
>
>Warren Thiptus

How can you call someone that spent hundreds of hours of his own free
time programming something for >>>a selfish old bastard.<<< LIKE YOU
selfish.  No one made him program fargo.  He simply asked for the public
to wait until he actully finished it.  He even said there WAS NO SET
RELEASE DATE for this reason.  That way he would have the freedom to
work on it without people flaming him for not having it done in no time,
expecting him to give up his entire life to make the GREAT GOD OF FARGO.

What kind of example are we setting for future programmers.  If you try
to do something nice for others, they will harass you to do even more in
less time.  If this is how you treat people who try to do something
nice, pretty soon no one will do anything for you at all.  We were lucky
and got a fargo this time, but next time, maybe no one will try, just
because they don't want the same situation to happen all over again.

I was waiting for fargo, and hoped that it would come out soon too, but
I still realized that the author should be allowed to make the program
the way he wants, without being flamed to death.

Someone else said that development releases should have been given to
programmers, not just a couple of his friends.  While this might have
had some benifits, its not the way he chose to manage this project, AND
it is HIS program, not YOURS.

Isn't it time everyone stopped bickering and complaining and tried to be
helpful and actually talk about how to use our calculators.  This list
has turned into a mass mob demand for one person's personal property
(Fargo) which started as a unique programming idea.  There is also a
flame war between TI and HP people that started as a simple discussion
of the benifits of both.  They both have strengths and weaknesses, but
the prefrance should be left up to the individual.  One obvious
diffrence (from what I have heard here) is that HP just gives the stuff
to the people, while ti lets them explore and find out by themselves,
and when they finnally come up with a breakthrough, it lets them claw at
each other like wild savage beasts over the work someonne else has put a
lot of work into.

<pre>
--
Christopher Poole