Re: Release of Fargo

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Release of Fargo

On 9 Nov 1996 18:59:37 GMT, jwardell@aol.com wrote:

><<It seems to me that if you want it done, we have to Pay For It.
>If I get the official tools as described on JWardell's Fargo Page I'll
>pay $100.  Cheazy betas need not apply.>>
>
>  What "official tools" are you talking about?
http://members.aol.com/jwardell/ti92/fargo/demsg.html

*snip*

Here are some of the things that will be released along with Fargo:

1) An MS-DOS program to support both the parallel and serial homemade
link cables. This program can
send and receive TI-92 variables, group files, and backups. It can
also receive TI-92 screen dumps, and even
has a remote control feature (note: the TI-92 does *not* have to be in
a special mode for remote control to
work).

2) A group of text files categorizing (virtually) everything we've
found out about the internals of the TI-92 so far,
including RAM addresses, data structures, memory handles, ports,
interrupts, and trap vectors.

3) FTris, a Fargo game based on GameBoy Tetris. The speed, scoring,
and game play are equivalent to
GameBoy version. GameBoy Tetris has 18 rows; to make room for this in
FTris, it is played sideways. Pieces
fall to the right. If the TI-92 is rotated 90 degrees clockwise, it
will look and feel just like regular Tetris.

4) FTerm, a communications program for the TI-92. FTerm's split-screen
mode makes it easy for two people
to chat full duplex; when split-screen is turned off, FTerm can be
used to dial BBSes if you can figure out how
to connect your TI-92 to an external modem.

5) Some compilable sample source code to show how Fargo programs are
written.

6) Everything you need to compile your own Fargo programs on a PC.
This includes the relocating
AmigaDOS assembler A68K v2.71 (which has been compiled as an MS-DOS
program), PRGM92 (which
converts AmigaDOS object files into Fargo executables), and a batch
file that automates the process of
compiling Fargo programs.

me again:
the numbers most critical are 5 and 6, followed by 2 and 1.

super of you to set yourself up as the customer service end of this
arrangement:  I hope for your sake you knew what you were getting
into!

pswett