Re: TI85 Concatenating numbers/Numbers -> Strng

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI85 Concatenating numbers/Numbers -> Strng

In article <3282b324.103743593@news.teleport.com>
atwright@teleport.com (Adam Wright) writes:

>Hi!
>
>I'm writing a program on my calculator and I'm trying to figure out
>how I can print something like "The answer is 33"  I know that I can
>use "+" like:
>
>"thirty-three"->answer
>Disp "The answer is "+answer
>
>and get out
>"The answer is thirty-three,"
>
>but I can't say:
>3*11->answer
>Disp "The answer is "+answer
>
>and get out
>"The answer is 33"
>
>If I could either get the number into a string, or display the text
>and the variable, that would be great.  Thanks in advance!
>
>-Adam
There is a command that turns a equation into a string called eq>st but I dont
know how to use it well and I dont have my ti85 booklet with me. however your b
ook should tell you how you properly use this command.  I think this is how you
 would use it but i am mot sure.
(3*11)->string
eq>st(string)->string2   'I'm not sure if this is right.  check the book'
disp "the answer is"+string2
A definite way to do this is with the output command.
(3*11)->string
clLCD
output 1,1,"the answer is"
output 1,15,string