Re: TI-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-92

JWardell wrote:

> <<      Do you think that the TI-92 was worth the $200 you paid for it and
> what
> is better about Fargo and the TI-92 compared to Zshell and the TI-85?  I
> currently have a TI-85 with Zshell, and I think it is great.  I'm
> wondering if a TI-92 would be worth spending the $200 since I'm going to
> major in Engineering next year.  Thanks in advance for any replies.>>
>
>   Definately. The 92 was well worth the $200 I paid for it by itself. With
> fargo, it now competes with $800 PDAs, not to mention video game systems
> (Maybe we can get a TV tuner running on this thing? That would be
> great...). It's great for college, if I'm not in my room or in a computer
> cluster, I can type papers, well, anywhere. Especially for engineering,
> calculators that are better start at $400.

Gee, Josh, last time I checked, Hp-48GX's weren't THAT expensive;)
Seriously, even the weak programmability of the Ti-8X series is more
than enough for undergrad engineering courses, where a programable calc
is mostly useful for killing large stacks of redundant number crunching
problems.  I was more than able to get my B.S. with an Hp-41CV
(basically a Ti-85 without graphing and symbolic calculus).

To the original poster, save your bucks for the girls you will soon be
attracting when then learnyou are going to be an engineer...

<pre>
--
Mark Wilson

"I'm an Engineer, but they won't let me