Re: I pay mpney for a link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: I pay mpney for a link

In article <55o0ia$baf@news.clc.cc.il.us>, mtwomey@clc.cc.il.us (Matthew
Twomey) writes:

>In article <55jimd$c76e@news.goodnet.com>, ej58369@goodnet.com (ej58369)
>wrote:
>>It contains a sizeable list of schematics and it is growing by leaps and

>>bounds.  I've created a Parallel link cable for my TI-85, run it fine
under
>>windows 95 using Connect-85 and it cost me about $3.50.  Oh, and don't
let
>>anybody "gut" your TI-TI link, use aligator clips.
>
>Aligator clips!!!???
>
>O.K. O.K. I have announced this simple fact multiple times on this
newsgroup,

>but people keep pretending that the darn 2.5mm stereo plug is hard to
find!

>It's Not!!! You can make the whole like (serial *or* parallel) all at
Radio
>Shack. The only hard part is the 2.5mm plug - but here's the soultion:
While
>Radio Shack does *not* sell this plug they *DO* sell a 1/8 inch to 2.5mm
>stereo converter. This is even better because then you already have an
>adapter
>for headphones when you're done and you can play pong and other games
with
>sound!!!
>
>This converter is like $2.00 or something... It just like the 1/4 to 1/8
>converter for old stereo headphone, only it's 1/8 to 2.5mm.
>
>Have Fun!

Then again, HPC+ Twomey, it could be a matter of personal preference.
Alligator clips is the cheapest way to do it, I'd think (without losing
your link), though the connection may not be -as- reliable, you won't
damage anything.  On the other hand, If you use the real TI-TI link and
cut it in half, you have a plug thats guaranteed to fit in the TI well,
and its a lot easier to just stick it in when you want to make a
connection, and there's less chance of human error as there might be with
alligator clips.
Its all a matter of personal preference.