Re: Release of Fargo

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Release of Fargo

OK, the thing I don't understand is *why* David won't just release a
public beta! It wouldn't require barly any work for him, I'm sure
someone with a beta copy would be glad to post it. Since it seems he
is unwilling to do this, the question now is how we motivate him to
finish it!

-Tim

On Tue, 5 Nov 1996 13:18:16 -0500, you wrote:

>  There is NO problems at all with fargo itself. Frankly it could have
>been released back in June. David has been working on it VERY slowly
>though, and it is IMPOSSIBLE to contact him anymore, unless you just
>happen to run into him in IRC, which happens probably once every 3 weeks.
>As far as I know he hasn't even touched fargo in six weeks. It only has
>probably one day's worth of programming left, but David is always losing
>interest in it, and gets nothing done. There are beta copies out, but
>don't let them fool you, there is no beta TESTING going on, they're just
>people who have swindled copies from david. I haven't given david any
>testing help since the beginnning of the summer. You have to realise that
>none of us know when it is coming out because of all of this, we simply
>now that it COULD come out in one day if David spent it finishing it. The
>problem his he never does. I hope this expains the wait for Fargo, I am
>REALLY TIRED of getting tons of EMails asking when it will be coming out,
>don't bother asking. If I ever find more informationon that, it will be on
>my fargo page immediately, so check that, don't waste my time emailing me.
>I would say that David needs encouragement, but he doesn't read his EMail
>as it is so larger numbers of emails aren't going to help anything.
>
>          -Josh
>
>http://web.syr.edu/~jlwardel/ti92/fargo/

                                               __
                                              /_/\
 Tim Gerla - timg@climax.polaristel.net      / /\ \
                                            / /\ \ \
      Tyball Dragon -==(UDIC)==-           / / /\ \ \
            Tyball@irc                    / / /  \ \ \
www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/1691/ /_/____\ \ \
 TI-92, HTML, Links, POV-Ray, Fractint! /_/________\_\/\