Re: About lower case on 83.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: About lower case on 83.

As usual, the same mindless complaining.  The reason that all of the lower
case letters are not available in TI-basic has nothing to do with stupidity,
and if Josh knew anything at all about how the basic works, he probably
would not have said so.

For the most part, the TI82/83 basic instructions are tokenized into single
byte instructions, with an additional number of two byte ones.  This was
done to cut down on the amount of memory required for the programs.  So,
most of the ascii positions normally occupied by the lower case letters have
been used for instructions, hence a limited lower case set, The compromise
is flexibility for the sake of efficiency, a decision which every oem must
make if they are to produce a cost effective product.  More memory means
higher power consumption, and all that stuff.

In the future, I would recommend that one knows of what he speaks before one
calls people stupid.

domroy

<<snip>>