Re: About lower case on 83.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: About lower case on 83.

In article <55af21$7uh@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, jwardell@aol.com (JWardell)
writes:

><<Someone said that they couldn't get lower case letters on the 83, and
>somone else said that that would be impossible unless asm was used.  Will
>it be possible then?  The 83 character set/"ascii" chart doesn't appear
>have lower case letters in it, except for the normal few.  So unless the
>programmer physcially drew (pixel by pixel) each lower case letter
>everytime he/she wanted to use it, I don't expect that it'll be doable.
>Because on the 85, the characters were already there, you just had to
>point to them.  May be a little harder on the 83.>>
>
>  If you ran TI's demo ASM program you'd know right away that the 83 has
>all the characters, upper and lower, in its set. You just can't normally
>access them without ASM. THis is probably the case with the 82 and the
>others, too, it's just too stupid not to put the full character set in
>there.
>
>         -Josh
>
>http://web.syr.edu/~jlwardel/ti83/

: )  I ran (and added to!) TI's demo program earlier today, and I notice
my error!  Thanks..  Actually, part of my problem was that I was entering
things in dec (070809101112) instead of hex (0708090A0B0C), so I only saw
a few letters.  Anyone know what those last few characters are, those that
are all boxes?