Re: TI graph link errors

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI graph link errors

At 12:16 AM 7/30/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Rodger D. Miller wrote:
>>
>> I am currently running a Cyrix p-120+ system with 16 MB of ram.  I own a
>> TI-92 and a TI-95, and recently purchased a TI-Graph Link.  When I run the
>> software for the TI-92 under Windows 95, the mouse freezes on the screen,
>> but works fine when I exit the program.  Also, I get "Communication
>> timeout" and "Transmission Error" messages in both the TI-92 and the TI-85
>> software when I try to send or receive to the appropriate calculator.  I am
>> using my only free com port, which is com port 3. Anyone have any ideas
>> why?
>
>Com 1 and Com 3 under Windows 3.1X (I assume thats what you are using)
>share the same IRQ, which means for all practical purposes that you can't
>have both running at the same time. I ended up putting my mouse on com 1,
>my calc cable on com 2, my modem on com 3 with a different IRQ than com1,
>etc.  Its a hassle, but there should be enough IRQs to go around.

First of all, the guy says he's using Windows 95.  Also, IRQs have nothing
to do with the operating system.  They exist the same in Win95 as they do in
Win3.1 or dos or whatever.  Besides Win95 still is not a true operating
system.  It is dos 7 with Win95 running on top of it, just like Win3.1/Dos 6.22.

*  Eric P. Anderson                     "Who is General    *
*  crusader@mo.net                      Failure and why    *
*  http://walden.mo.net/~crusader/      is he reading      *
*  Finger for PGP public key.           drive C?"          *
*  Fprint:3E 3C 52 A2 C1 3F 61 B5 71 7F 10 F1 09 B4 D4 D7  *
*  This is a public notice that all unsolicited and/or     *
*  commercial emailers will be charged an archival and     *
*  downloading fee of U.S. $500.  Emailing me signifies    *
*  agreement to these terms.                               *
*  "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Jefferson *