TICALC.ORG and T-SHIRTS!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TICALC.ORG and T-SHIRTS!

Well, ticalc.org just celebrated 1 month online, and what better way to
celebrate than...

1. Breaking 10,000 hits (which we did on July 21, after exactly 1 month
       online!)

2. Experiencing our first downtime (which we did for most of today, thanks
       to a power outage.) :(

and best of all...

3. Celebrating with T-Shirts!

Remember the Zshell T-shirt competition? "What ever happened to that?" I
bet you are all wondering. Well the answer is nothing. But now, having put
about $1000 into this project (as well as donating the computer in the
first place!), an idea hit me. The T-Shirts!

If enough people are interested, I am willing to have these shirts made as
a fundraiser for ticalc.org. Right now, I need to determine if this is a
viable option.

Here's the deal: The T-Shirts would be grey, possibly with the Zshell Vs.
Win95 design on the back (or maybe not, maybe a design inclusive of all
TI calculators, not just the 85), and a small ticalc.org logo on the front
left chest. Depending on the cost of printing, we will sell these shirts
for $15-$17 including shipping in the US (probably $17-20 for
international). From each shirt, $5 would go to ticalc.org to defray
startup costs and help keep it online. 200 T-Shirts sold would defray all
our startup costs. 300 shirts would pay our startup costs, domain name
registration fees for 5 years, and for a uninterruptible power supply that
would prevent the type of downtime we had today.

Right now, I just want to gauge the interest in this idea. Please send
email to isaac@ticalc.org with the subject line "T-Shirt" if you are
possibly interested in this. I AM NOT YET TAKING ORDERS! I just need to
find out whether enough people are interested in this idea to make it
worthwhile.

OR ELSE!! ANYONE SENDING REPLIES TO THE LIST WILL BE SHOT ON SIGHT! :)

Also, please mention whether you would prefer we make a Zshell T-Shirt, or
a T-Shirt that is less "model specific."

Thanks,
-Isaac Salpeter

P.S. - DO NOT SEND RESPONSES TO THE LISTS! SEND THEM TO isaac@ticalc.org!!

<pre>