DOS to TI-92 Link ???

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

DOS to TI-92 Link ???

  I have laid out $ 400.00 to buy two TI-92's (one for each of my sons who
  will be taking Pre-Calc) and cannot get the TI-92's to upload or
  download information with a DOS machine.

  We made the cable which used pins 11 & 12 with a diode whose cathode
  points towards pins 2 and 3 respectively and used pin 20 as shield
  (signal) ground. Everything seen in the schematic has been built into
  this link RS-232C cord, but no data can be transferred in either
  direction using the link program that is currently available.

  TI's official attitude (as written in a reply to one of my questions of
  them), is that the "software for the TI-92 link will be for Windows and
  Mac applications only, no DOS version is planned." All of our machines
  here at home are 8088 or 286's and we cannot use Windows. TI seems as if
  they could care less.

  My feelings at this point are that if we cannot get the TI-92's to
  communicate, then I am going to take them back and ask for a credit to
  our VISA card. What else is out there that will do what a TI-92 will and
  will still allow downloading/uploading to a DOS platform ???

  Any comments ot suggestions ???

  Many Thanks.........Tom

 + I believe that Children are our future. Teach them well and let them  +
 + lead the way.  Show them all the Beauty they possess inside.  Give    +
 + them a sense of pride, to make it easier. Let the Children's Laughter,+
 + Remind Us How We Use To Be. < Greatest Love of All--Whitney Houston > +