Mini-C for TI-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Mini-C for TI-92

I'd be interested in talking to someone familiar with compiler design
and Fargo about developing a C compiler for the 92; given memory
limitations, it might just be something that would run on a host machine
(a PC or Unix box, e.g.) and cross compile for the 92.

If we take for granted the obvious benefits of high-level, compilable
language like C, I believe the advantages of adapting an existing C
compiler -- like GNU C -- to produce code for the 92 are enormous.

gcc is an excellent, freely-available, extensible compiler, available
for nearly all flavors of Unix as well as dos (as djgpp). Its modular
design would force us to rewrite only a few pieces of the system, rather
than starting from scratch.

Any thoughts?