To:  CALC-TI@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
Sender: <NETNEWS@AMERICAN.EDU>
From: stephenm@erols.com
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.calc-ti
Subject: TI-83 Assembly Language
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 21:56:03 GMT

Howdy all! I'm kinda new to this newsgroup.

OK. I just started getting into ASM programming for the TI-83 and need
some help. I have the compiler and the include files, but the stuff at
ti.com is way too confusing to even look at. I COULD figure it out if
I wanted to, but, I'd rather see if anyone else knew anything about
ASM for the 83.

I have heard from many people about using ASM to make a program that
starts up when you turn on the calculator. What I would like to do is
make a password system, and make a "guest" command, if it's possible,
so that people can play my games, as they love to during some of my
classes <G>, but I have found problems when they BREAK a program using
(ON), and then they hit GOTO and start editing the program, or they
just edit the program normally. I don't have a graph-link, but I am
planning on getting one soon.

If anyone could help (please?) please e-mail me, or post to the group!
Thanks!

By the way, I have an ASM program I made, which turns the calc off
(for real, not a fake program). I know it's kinda stupid and there IS
a fake-sorta program on ticalc.org (It turns off everything, and waits
for you to press ON, instead of turning it all off). If ya want it,
mail me.

Bye bye now!
     ) /^\) ^\/ _)        =__           Stephen Matta                  )
     )   /^\/   _)          (_         stephen@erols.com                )