----------------- Message requiring verification (60 lines) -------------------
To:  CALC-TI@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
Sender: <NETNEWS@AMERICAN.EDU>

cs.utexas.edu!www.nntp.primenet.com!nntp.primenet.com!dciteleport.com!worldnet
 .att.net!uunet!in2.uu.net!199.171.190.20!news.deltanet.com!usenet
From: AsdF <veritech@deltanet.com>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.calc-ti
Subject: Re: changing batteries
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 23:38:06 -0800

Chris Osborn wrote:

> In article <32B34B90.62CF@mcnc.org>, eahirsch@mcnc.org wrote:
>
> > I need help with changing batteries (sounds dumb).  Everytime I change
> > the Batteries I loose everyting in mem.  This sucks.  The Lit. battery
> > is good.  I have checked it and replaced it.  I change the AAA batteries
> > one at a time  with the calc off.  What am I doing wrong?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Ed

Ed.. forget.. that other message.. saying it's a myth it's NOT a myth..
here is how.. (i've had this trouble before)

FIRST.. take out that metal tab that's keeping the lithium battery in..
ok.. now.. PRESS in (hard) the lithium battery.. do you see 2 little
metal prongs on the right side? it should be against the lithium
battery. now, put the metal tab back.. MAKE SURE THE LITHIUM BATTERY
DOESN'T POP OUT!!! or it didn't work.. if it still POPS out.. take the
metal tab.. and bend it a little and play around with it.. then PRESS IN
the lithium battery.. and put the metal tab in and screw it.. THE
LITHIUM should be IN PLACE CORRECTLY.. so that the metal prongs on the
right side of the lithium is showing.. and against the lithium... and if
all is good and in place (lithium doesn't pop back up and out of the
prongs).. then you can REPLACE each AAA battery ONE AT A TIME... that
should do the trick..

on my 85.. i had to bend the metal tab like crazie.. hehehehe

:)

Veritech