----------------- Message requiring verification (42 lines) -------------------
To:  CALC-TI@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
Sender: <NETNEWS@AMERICAN.EDU>

voskovec.radio.cz!www.nntp.primenet.com!nntp.primenet.com!mr.net!nntp.earthlin
 k.net!pool039.maxc.los-angeles.ca.us.dynip.earthlink.net!user
From: csosborn@earthlink.net (Chris Osborn)
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.calc-ti
Subject: Re: changing batteries
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 16:07:06 -0800

In article <32B34B90.62CF@mcnc.org>, eahirsch@mcnc.org wrote:

> I need help with changing batteries (sounds dumb).  Everytime I change
> the Batteries I loose everyting in mem.  This sucks.  The Lit. battery
> is good.  I have checked it and replaced it.  I change the AAA batteries
> one at a time  with the calc off.  What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Ed

I think that the idea that changing batteries one at a time prevents
memory loss is just a myth.
As far as I understand, the batteries are wired in series, so changing
them one at a time just
means that power is cut and restored four times rather than once.  In any
case, changing them
all at once on my TI-82 has never failed, assuming it is turned off.

Chris