Re: Deleting (TI-85)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Deleting (TI-85)

At 10:18 PM 12/17/96 EST, Benjamin D Kohler-Crowe wrote:
>Is it possible to delete things from inside a prog, so that the prog will
>"clean up" after itself?  I'd find this really useful.  Also, it would

Well, you can store empty strings or equations into the variables, making
them as small as possible (9 bytes for a variable with a one-letter name).
""->Z

>foil some people at my school, who don't understand programming but know
>enough about how it works to do whatever the hell they want with saved
>games, forcing me to rename all my variables hard-to-remember,
>hard-to-guess things like Q, P, Z, X, etc.  (When you have _attributes to
>keep track of, it gets anoying as hell!)

You could store your stuff into a list and use some sort of checking
mechanism.
i.e.: you have two stats you want to save. make a list of {a, b, a/b*5+2},
edit-lock the program if you can (to prevent them from seeing how you store
the check), and whenever the savegame is to be restored, check position 3
using the formula. You should probably use something other than my checking
formula, since my formula can cause problems with the calculator's
significant digits limitation, causing the check to turn up false if you
don't round.

>(if that didn't come out as an
>approximately = sign, but instead as a _ it's not my fault, it's juno's,
>but please tell me.)

it did turn out a _.

--Ludwig Pummer
ludwigp@sns.com     http://www.sns.com/~ludwigp <- Updated 11/22/96
PGP Key & Geek Code available on web page