Re: Sound on the 85?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Sound on the 85?

Veritech wrote:
> i think (i'm a lamer.. i'm just a computer nerd.. dunno about
> programming.. assembly or whatever but) i think the link thingy uses
> sound to transfer.. so .. you get a headphone thingy and a converter..
> from headphone to the calc.. (2.5mm) and then you get a zshell game that
> has sound.. and your run it.. and you get sound :)

not exactly. The calculator sends electical pulses down the cable, not
"sound", however there's no difference between sending electrical pulses
to the computer which the computer interprets as data, and sending
electrical pulses to a speaker/headphones which are reproduced as sound.
theoretically, since zshell is assembly you can send whatever you want
through the link port and it should sound like tones or whatever if you
do it right. don't look for a full-blown musical score however, unless
someone wants to compile a MIDI program for their 85 (which would be
utterly useless but REALLY COOL!!!) Personally, I've never seen for
myself an 85 game with sound, but then again, I don't use an 85.
--
Best,                    | Tech Life:
Jonathan Maier           |    Students get shaft