Re: Radicals on Ti-85

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Radicals on Ti-85

On Tue, 17 Dec 96 03:50:28 GMT, kingkong@cris.com (Kingkong) wrote:

>Is there any way for the Ti-85 to display an answer in radical form?  I was
>just wondering if any of you genius' figured out a program in zshell or
>something that would do this...
>
>ex...  (square root of 3)/2  is displayed to be .8660254037488.

The only program that I have seen that can do square roots is a
program that was made to reduce sqaure roots.
For instance, you would type in 8 and it would give you 2 times the
square root of 2.
I don't think it would be too dificult to write a program that could
find the exact answer.  It would be tricky and might take some time,
but you might be able to tell the calculator to divide by sqare roots
and if it comes out to be a simple fraction, you could have it
displayed.