Re: Which TI should I buy?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Which TI should I buy?

On Thu, 12 Dec 1996, Benjamin D Kohler-Crowe wrote:

> While I prefer The F-button menus, I'm commenting on the thing about the
> catalog.
> 1)  I'm pretty sure (though not positive) that a couple of things on the
> 85 are only in the catalog.

I think you are right.

> 2)  Phillip wasn't saying he liked the catalog, he was saying he liked
> the custom menu, and so do I.  I program (in all my spare time :) and I
> like having all the things I use a lot that aren't in the program menus
> in my custom menu-

That I agree with, but only on the 85 because things are such a pain to
find otherwise.  Especially quotation marks, necessary in many programs
have their own key (pretty much) on the 82, but are hidden on an 85 under
the PRGM I/O menu.

> i.e. and, or, not, xor, <, >, (and the equal ones),  x-root, !, ', etc.
> I'd actually prefer a bigger custom menu!

Agreed.

> 3)  While neither menu system is necessarily better, the TI-85's is
> "cleaner," and lets you see the majority of the screen even if you're 3
> layers down.

to-may-to, to-mah-to. 8-)

-- JBD

|    ---------   |  John M.H. Miyares (aka "Johnny Big Dog")          |
|        |       |  Home:  1 Kavanaugh Pl. Bar Harbor, ME  04609      |
|        |       |  Work:  Department of Mathematics, MDI High School |
|    ----+----   |  P.O. Box 180, Mount Desert, ME  04660             |
|        |       |  (h) (207) 288-8272                                |
|        |       |  (w) (207) 288-5011, Voice Mail Box #820           |
|    ____|       |  E-Mail:  jmiyares@mdihs.u98.k12.me.us             |