Re: Which TI should I buy?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Which TI should I buy?

Not to start a Mac/PC war here, but the 82 'is better than' the 85 for the
same reasons that the Mac 'is better than' the PC.  It's easier to use!
(albeit MUCH less powerful, IMHO - thats why I have an 85)

At 20:51 12/11/96 -0600, Phillip D. Teeple wrote:
>I still fail to see the advantages of the 82.  The 85's menu system is so
>much better, it has a custom menu, and is much more powerful with higher
>resolution.  Why is the TI-82 better?
>
>On Wed, 11 Dec 1996, Johnny "Big Dog" Miyares wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 7 Dec 1996, Mr.Bean wrote:
>>
>> > For your information, it's really the OTHER WAY AROUND : the TI-85 was
>> > made BEFORE the TI-82!  The reason for that is that very few people were
>> > buying the TI-85 so they made a slightly inferior model for the average
>> > person.
>> >

>> I don't know if I would refer to the 82 as inferior, but those of us who
>> had already been using the 81 as a teaching tool since '90(?) found the 85
>> user unfriendly when it came out in '91/'92.  Ideal for engineers, not so
>> ideal for teaching high school.
>>
>> The 82 came out in the summer of '93 and was designed to fit primarily the
>> needs of teachers who all went out and bought them in bulk for their
>> classrooms.  It may be less powerful than the 85, but in many ways, it has
>> it's advantages.
>>
>> Enough of this.
>>
>>         -- J. Big Dog

| Peter Kolbus                           +1.810.474.0872 |
| ae607@detroit.freenet.org      #include <disclaimer.h> |
| Due to financial difficulties, the light at the end of |
|   the tunnel has been permanently disconnected.        |
| The packet goes out the card, into the copper, out     |
|   the router, onto the fiber, across the world, thru   |
|   the copper............       NOTHING BUT NET.        |
| ***Written using 100% recycled electrons***            |
|         *** (80% post-consumer) ***                    |