Re: Which TI should I buy?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Which TI should I buy?

On Sat, 7 Dec 1996, Mr.Bean wrote:

> For your information, it's really the OTHER WAY AROUND : the TI-85 was
> made BEFORE the TI-82!  The reason for that is that very few people were
> buying the TI-85 so they made a slightly inferior model for the average
> person.

I don't know if I would refer to the 82 as inferior, but those of us who
had already been using the 81 as a teaching tool since '90(?) found the 85
user unfriendly when it came out in '91/'92.  Ideal for engineers, not so
ideal for teaching high school.

The 82 came out in the summer of '93 and was designed to fit primarily the
needs of teachers who all went out and bought them in bulk for their
classrooms.  It may be less powerful than the 85, but in many ways, it has
it's advantages.

Enough of this.

        -- J. Big Dog

Follow-Ups: References: