TI-92 Program to manipulate Mixed Numbers

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-92 Program to manipulate Mixed Numbers

I realize that this is a mundane topic, but I am curious whether there
is a built in function on the TI-92 to display/manipulate mixed numbers.
 I have
written a program that uses what I would consider the "brute-force"
approach, but I think there must be a better way.

Actually, I made a user-defined function that will add/subtract (still
working on the mult/divide part, which I think will be simpler).  But i
am looking for a nicer interface, which ideally would allow entry like
the following:

3 9/16+4 5/8<ENTER>        8 3/16

Where a space or some other convenient char would be used to separate
the whole and fractional parts.  It would be nice to see these "pretty
printed", but not necessary.

My existing program requires :

q(oper,3,9,16,4,5,8)
where "oper" is 1, 2, 3, or 4 for add,sub,mult,div

It works, but outputs a string instead of a useable number.

I have had this calc for less than a week, and I have never owned a TI
before.  Thus, I am just getting accustomed to TI-BASIC.  (I have been
using an HP48SX for about 3-4 years, and thought this calc would make an
interesting replacement).

If anyone has any programming suggestions, or knows of existing programs
that I may find useful, I would greatly appreciate E-mail responses, or
at least postings to the mailing list.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff Roetman
jdr@iserv.net