help with $4 serial link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

help with $4 serial link

Hiya,

I built myself the $4 serial link. I have checked and double checked and
triple checked all the connections. I'm positive I made it correctly. I
used the connector from a ti-link. When I run Timo Stenberg's BASIC
diagnostic program, all the voltages are OK, but it always bombs on the
the thrid check (the one where one voltage is 4.7 and the other is -0.7.
It says "wrong ioport or some other problem" but I'm sure I'm using the
correct port (port 1=h3f8.)) I've tried it on multiple computers, from
DOS and from windows, with the mouse connected at start-up and without
the mouse connected at start-up. I've used thrifty-link, ti-link for
DOS, and windows, using a ti-82, 85, and 92. I've never been able to
successfully send or receive any information between the calc and the
computer. (The screen capture part of Stenberg's diagnostic fails as
well.)

Obviously, I feel I've exhausted all my options here. Does anybody have
an idea what's going wrong? I'm stumped. Thanks for any advice.
--
Best,                    |"I must admit I laughed out loud when, after
Jonathan Maier           |emerging from a particularily unruly test on a