Re: Which TI should I buy?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Which TI should I buy?

George -

>         You want the 83. The 85 is for science or comp sci people.
> The 83 has all the built-in stats and financial functions you'd ever need, is
>  easier to use, easier to program, and has the newer,better black-on-gray
>  screen instead of the blue-on-green of the others. I use all four calcs on a
>  daily basis with my students, and nearly always recommend the 83. The 83
>  is far superior in regards to its list capabilities than the 85, and has
> the table feature
>  which no program quite duplicates. I grab my 85 if I want to play a cool
> game, otherwise
>  it sits!

Thanks a lot for your opinion. I understand why you would recommend
the 83.
Although, I have changed my opinions. I am in a Management degree in
College, and won't need much Math functions anyway in the future. So
I have decided that what I'll do is sell my Casio and stay with the
HP Financial Calculator. If I did need some more math functions than
the HP can deliver, maybe I would go for the 83. But till then, I
will just stay with this marvelous calculator, the HP.

Thanks anyway!

> George Egbert
> Math Department
> San Marcos High School
> Santa Barbara, CA
> gmegbert@sbceo.k12.ca.us

You know, I am from Portugal, but I was an exchange student in
California on my senior year of High School. I attended Terra Linda
High School, in San Rafael, Marin County.
My AP Calculus teacher, Jim Young, was a fan of UC Santa Barbara.
Maybe by any chance you know him?

Regards,

   -=> LuiS <=-

E-Mail: luisama@ef.pt
AFS Student 94/95: Portugal -> California