Re: Error trapping on TI-85? (fwd)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Error trapping on TI-85? (fwd)

No, actual it takes time to program the error trapping into the code of
the program, being part of the program it increases the size of the
actual program, and lastly the error trapping routines use CPU cycles to
read through the data that has been enter to see if it is legal.   Each
data type to be input will have to have it own error trapping routines,
which will use physical memory to store.

I am not an Comp Sci instructor.  I am a certified computer Enigneer. I
assist personnel on a daily basis with there computer problems.

I see a problem, are you trying to sell Ti-85 to an organization for use a
s personnel digital assistants with the Graph-link as a way to back up the
data entered into a TI-85 up to a PC?

You might have a problem.   A TI-85 has 28Kilobytes of user space for
programs and data.  If you could find someone to write this code with
error trapping, it would be so big as to leave little space for much
stored data.....

The TI-85 is a Calcualtor!   People by them to check there Math, Stat,
Engineering, and Physics Homework!   Not a substite for a Laptop computer.

Charles Slaustas - Comp Sci
CBS@EAGLE.IBC.EDU