Re: Error trapping on TI-85? (fwd)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Error trapping on TI-85? (fwd)

Let me preface this message by saying that I am in no way affiliated with
Texas Instruments, Inc or any of its divisions or its subsidiaries. In
this message I speak as an independent citizen. My views do not
necessarily reflect the views of the TICALC.ORG project (which is, again,
an independent entity unaffiliated with Texas Instruments).

That said...

On Thu, 5 Dec 1996, Brett Glass wrote:

> And if you are in fact a computer science teacher, you already know that
> error trapping consumes no CPU cycles or space in one's program unless it
> is used -- in which case it is often vital.

I'm afraid you are wrong in this assumption. Explain to me how error
trapping code could possibly "consume no space in one's program unless it
is used"? I agree that error trapping is necessary, but the TI-85 (indeed,
all TI calculators) do have error-trapping capabilities. On an error, you
are presented with the choice ov viewing the offending line of code or of
exiting to the home screen.

> This behavior is on a par with the poor marketing and customer relations
> skills TI exhibited at the time when the TRS-80 was manufactured. I'd hoped
> they had improved since that time.

Texas Instruments did not manufacture the TRS-80. I believe you are
confusing TI with Tandy, Corp.

> Fortunately, it looks as if both Casio and Franklin will be more
> cooperative and responsive.

Good luck finding the extra functionality you believe you "require" in any
product from Franklin or Casio.

-Isaac

--
Isaac Salpeter