Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 23:23:42 PST
From: Brett Glass <BRETT_GLASS@INFOWORLD.COM>
To: CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM
Subject: Re: Error trapping on TI-85?

>> I need to be able to trap mathematical errors in a TI-85 program, but
>> can find no documentation on how to do this.

> What kind of errors

Things like singular matrices and loss of precision, which can't just be
checked using divide-by-zero stuff. And, in some cases, the program must
shut down gracefully when interrupted. So, I would like to check for the
"Error 06" that's generated when the user presses the "ON" key while the
program is running.

I'd hate to have to descend into assembly language to do this; in fact, I
don't know if I *CAN*.  I need access to the calculator's high-level
functions, and I don't believe that many of them are callable from assembly
language. Also, there probably wouldn't be room for a "shell;" I would need
to write a program that executed on the bare metal to save space.

I'd hate to have to return the unit and get a more expensive TI-92 just to
get error handling. That's assuming, of course, that the 92 *HAS*
error trapping (I have never tried one, so I don't know).

--Brett