Re: Differentiate y with respect to x

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Differentiate y with respect to x

Here is a first derivative implicit differentiating function based on a
more general function found in DERIVE.

      define impdif (uu, xx, yy)=-d(uu,xx)/d(uu,yy)

where uu is an expression that equals 0, and d()  is the derivative
function.  The variables xx and yy are used to avoid a circular definition
error that will occur when you differentiate a function of x and y.

Then, enter, for example:

        impdif(x^2+y^2,x,y)

  -x/y is returned, which is the reduced form of -2x/(2y)

If we can be of further assistance, feel free to contact us at
ti-cares@ti.com.

Best regards,
TI Calculators

------------------
Original textAt 15:46 12/2/96 -0500, ceres@EFNI.COM wrote:
>On the TI-92, how can you get it to find the derivative of something like
>tan 2x=cos 3y?

| Peter Kolbus                           +1.810.474.0872 |
| ae607@detroit.freenet.org      #include <disclaimer.h> |
| Due to financial difficulties, the light at the end of |
|   the tunnel has been permanently disconnected.        |
| The packet goes out the card, into the copper, out     |
|   the router, onto the fiber, across the world, thru   |
|   the copper............       NOTHING BUT NET.        |
| ***Written using 100% recycled electrons***            |
|         *** (80% post-consumer) ***                    |