Re: Technical Help for TI-85 wanted... **UPDATE**

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On 25 Aug 1996, Russell Papsdorf wrote:

> In article <4vl2hk$ht4@mozo.cc.purdue.edu>, russell@ecn.purdue.edu (Russell
Papsdorf) says:

> >Greetings!
> >I got a bit of a shock when I returned to college this fall only to find
> >that my TI-85 would not turn on.
> >I've changed the batteries and even tried to adjust the contrast on the
> >screen (shift-up arrow).
> >I'm at the point where I can't think of anything else to do.  If you have
> >any ideas, please either post here or mail me: russell@ecn.purdue.edu
> >Many thanks in advance for any advice you might be able to give!
>
> Just to give you an update from trying the ideas I've tried via email:
> 1)  I have replaced ALL (5) of the batteries.
> 2)  I have tried removing all of the batteries overnight.
> 3)  I have cleaned the battery contacts and made sure they were making
>     good contact.
> 4)  I have opened the case and did not see any apparent problems.
> 5)  I have re-attempted (many times) to turn it on and adjust the contrast.
>
> I am at the point where I'm going to need this thing for my linear algebra
> course, so I am running out of options and time.
> If you have any further thoughts on the matter, I'd love to hear them!
> Thanks!!
> Rusty Papsdorf
> russell@ecn.purdue.edu

Rusty- Well, the one thing I noted that you could be doing wrong is you
said that you hit shift-up arrow to adjust the contrast.... The correct
way to adjust the contrast on the TI-85 is to hit 2nd, then hold down the
up arrow until the scren is visible......... maybe that's what you meant,
but that's all the help I can offer......
Later On,
David Russell
bu587@freenet.buffalo.edu