Re: Challenge

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Challenge

Pritpal Singh Narula wrote:

> villman.1@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu wrote:
> : I am challenging all TI programers to create a
> : program that plays chess against you.  The object
> : is to make the computer as fast and as good as
> : possible.
> :
> :     Believe it or not, this IS possible!!!!!!  I
>
> I find it hard to belive you can write a chess algorithm on 32K of memory...

I know its off subject, sort of, but the assembly version of chess for
the Hp-48 stands at around 10k.  It's biggest problem is speed (you can
only do so much with a calculator processor;), but I understand its a
fairly worthy opponent.  The Z-shell version should be comparable in
size, and even with th Z-shell overhead, there should be plenty of room.
<pre>
--
Mark Wilson

"You see me now a veteran