Re: Calc speeding up - temperature?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Wed, 21 Aug 1996, Tom J Dobes wrote:

> I have a ti-92 and used to have a school-owned 85. (I had to give it up
> for the summer) I've noticed upon many occasions, with both the 85 and
> 92, that whenever the temperature is warmer than normal, the calc will
> start to operate faster.  Does this have something to do with the
> processor?  There isn't ever any noticeable damage to the calc.  Also,
> often the screen gets darker?   Maybe a battery problem?

That would just be the fact that due to the heat, the batteries are reacting
faster and making more electricity, and when the batteries supply more
electricity, the screen gets darker, and the calc goes faster.  This is why you
must turn up the contrast as the batteries get used up.

+------------------------------+-------------------------------+
|        Tony Lieuallen        |   marvin@mars.superlink.net   |
+------------------------------+-------------------------------+
|             http://mars.superlink.net/marvin/home            |
|       http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/1171/      |
+-------------------------Finger me for more of what follows!--+
| * It's Non-Toxic! That means you can eat it!!                |
| * The computer saves man a lot of guesswork, but then, so    |
|   does the bikini.                                           |
| * Practice makes perfect, but no one's perfect, so why       |
|   practice?                                                  |
| * The nice thing about Windows is - it does not just crash,  |
|   it displays a dialog box, and let's you press 'OK' first.  |