Re: Stolen Calculators!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Stolen Calculators!

In <01bb8f04$f118dc00$1bb741ce@cen03887> "Tony Purkal"
<tony_purkal@centuryinter.net> writes:

>Does Texas Instruments offer any "insurance" for stolen calculators?
I am
>a Junior in high school, and had my TI-85 stolen!  I do not know what
>will do with out it.  I barely had enough money to buy the first one,
>really cannot buy another one!  By the way, what is a current price
(does
>anyone know)?  Thanks!

    What my school does is ask students to do two things:

    1.  Scratch the owner's name into the calc.  Marker and stickers
can be removed, but actually scratching a name or something into the
calc makes it a bit more difficult for a thief to claim as his or her
own.

    2.  Record somewhere the serial number of your calc.  Like social
security numbers or snowflakes, no two serial numbers are alike.

If a teacher looks at another student's calc and recognizes such
things, you're likely to get your calc back (same if you can identify
such markings or numbers if a lost calc was turned in).

    Although none of this matters at this point, it's still worth
mentioning.  As far as I can tell, it works at my school.  Plus, if you
keep your calc in your pocket (like I do with my 82) or in a carrying
case which never leaves your side (like I do with my 92), you're less
likely to have it stolen.

-DAN Wolfe
 ^^^