Re: Need Help on Parallel Link with 85

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

naibas@sprynet.com (Naibas) wrote:
>.......If someone
>could offer some help, or at the very least tell me what type of
>diodes they used (maybe even include a Radio Shack part #) I would
>really apreciate it.  Also, I am using a parallel plug with removeable
>pins, so I only have the five pins indicated in the schematic in the
>plug.  Don't know if that could be a problem.
>
>Anyways, thanx a lot for just reading this...

The diodes you want to use are 1N914, very common switching diodes.
Don't have the radio shack number available but any radio shack store has
them and will be able to identify by the 1N914 number.

All you need are the five pins, that's what I counted in my link so make
sure that you have the proper pins populated with the right signal and
that the diodes are in the proper polarity as indicated on the schematic.

Another problem that I have heard about is the connector that goes into
the TI-85.  I have heard that some have experienced problems with
connectors that are not identical to the supplied TI-85 link cable
supplied with the calculator.  I used the supplied TI-85 link cable to
build my parallel cable.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

<pre>
--