Re: Classes Prohibiting Use of the TI-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Classes Prohibiting Use of the TI-92

I take the Gifted Math Program at SUNY Buffalo. Our teacher told us about
the 92 about a month and a half before it came out. I found some info at
the TI site and I got really excited. I bought one, and brought it to
class. Everything was fine for the first couple weeks, then the teacher
took me aside and said, "You know, you can't use that on the final. People
might say it's an unfair advantage." I think it's a load of bull. There
are three or four kids using HP's (those ones that are almost the same as
the 92, can't remember the number), and they could use their calcs. I was
extremely ticked, but the teacher wouldn't budge. I finally got the letter
for the class this upcoming year, and guess what? THEY'RE USING 92'S!!!!
Is this twisted or what?

Todd J. Lunetta
ToddL40154@aol.com

*****.sig file Version 1.4
-On the Internet, nobody knows you're a large wooden rabbit.
-When I die, bury me headfirst, so the world can kiss my ASS!
-What do you call a haiku in iambic pentameter?