Re: 83's link (was: Re: Zshell)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 83's link (was: Re: Zshell)

On Sun, 11 Aug 1996, barrym wrote:

> The new 83 link software will convert 82 programs to 83 programs.
> I downloaded a few of them to try and some worked and some didn't,
> probably because of differences in the language.
>
> Barry

When you transfer a program from the 82 to the 83 via the link, one thing
that can happen to foul up a program is that certain functions such as
ipart, fpart, the trig fncs. etc have the open parenthesis ( understood
as part of the fnc on the 83.  If an 82 program has the program line
_"150Tcos18-7.33T"->X2T_(no parentheses needed and the order of
operations are followed), the 83 will insert the open parenthesis so that
the line now reads_"150Tcos(18-7.33T"->x2T_ and the parenthesis implies a
different order of operations and a different value.
You might try looking at some of the programs that didn't work and see if
there are extra ('s in some of the program lines. If so, insert the ) in
the appropriate place and run it.

John