Algebra 2

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Algebra 2

PO>I am going to be entering Algebra 2 next year, and have a TI-92.  I have
PO>searched around for useful programs, and most of the ones I have found
PO>didn't look to be that much help, so I was wondering if anyone could make
PO>some suggestions.  Thanks!

Well, if you are going into Alg II, I did last year, you don't need any
programs that you  can't make yourself.  The calc really has everything
that you will need.  If you need one, it would be something so little
that you could write!

In summary, I can see that there could be great use of a TI-92 in the
first two courses in Algebra, but it will require IMMENSE personal
discipline to use it as it should.

Most teachers won't even let you use it.  My Algebra teacher wouldn't
becaus it would do it all, and the point of learning the problems is
so that a person can do more complicated ones.  I like how this was
put, IMMENSE personal discipline.  I know that when I had it there were
times when I wanted to let it do my homework!

As for the 83, I just got one, and I want to compliment TI, it is a
super calculator.  It is a 82 with a few differences.  The only real
thing that takes getting used to is whenever there is an error or when
a program is canceled, the menu is 1:Quit 2:Goto.  Man is that weird!