Re: help!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: help!!!

On Tue, 6 Aug 1996, Lois M Kertesz wrote:

> I know this is the wrong place but help me.  I just killed my Windows 3.1.
> The windows directory now only contains file with the extension .grp.
> And windows is dead.  I am not a novice - I was trying to use a new
> scanner I just bought ( Mustek 600) and the system locked up and when I
> rebooted this happened.  Any idea on how I can get it back without
> deleting and reinstalling?

I would suggest re-installing it.  It's good to know how to do.  It's
also good to do it anyway from time to time.  Windows 3.1 gets it's
.ini files all cluttered.  If it's been a while since you've installed
it and you've tried out some software from time to time, you'll be
surprised how much faster it loads and loads programs after you
re-install it.

I install it and install all my drivers and then I back up that
installation so if there's an accident I can fall back to a fresh
installation without re-installing.  But in a few months I'll
re-install anyway.

Barry

Barry