Re: Classes Prohibiting Use of the TI-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Classes Prohibiting Use of the TI-92

Parkland College, our local community college, does not allow the 92 in the
first and second level calculus classes, mainly because those courses focus on
the fundamentals of calculus, and the 92 would defeat the purpose of the
course. The school recommends the 82, 83 and 85 calculators for all their
classes, but the 92 is allowed in the third semester calculus and diff eq. The
math department uses the computer lab and derive in 2nd and third semester
calc to demonstrate solids of rotation, and other aspects, so the 92 is a
natural choice as an alternative to the computer lab, and a less powerful
calculator.

In article <01bb82c1$80f59de0$401781ce@achen19.nwlink.com>,
achen19@mail.idt.net says...

>I heard about this quite recently but I was wondering what classes in
>college prohibit the use of the TI-92.... Any answers out there?

<pre>
 William Scott Haggard  | whaggard@students.uiuc.edu
University  of Illinois | www.students.uiuc.edu/~whaggard/index.html
 Computer Engineering   |