Re: Which TI does your school require

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Joyce McKeown wrote:

> Are your students seniors who will be taking Calculus in college or
> juniors who will be taking AP calc? The consideration being, of
> course, the requirements of the College Board which doesn't allow the
> use of the 92.
>
> Our precalc and calc students use 82's - which we supply for them -
> and find that they do everthing they need without being difficult to
> use. The 83's are supposedly as easy to use as the 82's with more
> features, so I've been recommending them to anyone asking about
> purchasing his/her own.
>
> Joyce McKeown
> Mathematics/Computer Science
> Framingham High School
> Framingham, Ma

In Medway High School they want you to use 82's. I think actually if
your gonna buy a 83 for more features and a easier interface, you should
buy a 85. They cost about the same but the 85 is way better. (A 85 user
myself) If kids know how to use them in more sophiticated ways (like
hooking them up to a computer and transferring files) it is way better
especially with ZShell. (In case you don't know it is that little
program that lets you run programs that directly access the processor of
the calc, making them small and fast.

Eric Gross
Student in Medway High School
Medway, MA

(Small world - I live pretty close to Framingham)