Re: TI sucks HP rules

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI sucks HP rules

>Well I've owned several Brands of graphing calcs and have never felt the need
>put someone else down based on what kind they had. I had also thought about
the
>48GX, but it was just too much money to put out on a calc. The TI-92 had the
>features I wanted for a price I could afford. I love the qwerty keypad too,
>absoultly love it! The 48GX can have memory upgrades but keep in mind they are
not
>inexpensive upgrades, usually much more expensive than computer memory. And
lets
>face it, the computer ALWAYS needs more memory. So here's the bottom line, I
like
>my TI-92, it works fine, it serves it's purpose, so leave it alone!

Allow me to offer a different perspective. A laptop with Mathmatica
can do everything and more that any calculator can do, and has
many additional capabilities. Granted, it costs a lot more,
but it will prove a more sound investment. It can replace:

Discman
Calculator
Word Processor (rarely seen nowadays)
Fax

and has numerous other capabilites that are unique, such as
spreadsheet/database, high-power gaming, sound manipulation,
etc.

Pat Gunn, a C programmer and member of TeamOS/2,
User of NT, OS/2, PC-DOS7, Linux, etc. My homepage is http://ftp.apk.net/~qc
Fan of Executor, a Mac emulator for DOS, Linux, and NeXT (see
http://www.ardi.com)
And then came the godly NEKO, a flying first strike 32/32 black creature