Re: OS - gui

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: OS - gui

: On Thu, 1 Aug 1996, JArtis1 wrote:
:
: > SOMEBODY should sit down and write a C compiler, probably through
: > ZShell.
:
: It would be kind of hard to fit a c compiler in the available 32k.
: And even if you could, c programs are typically several times the
: size of assembly programs.  And generally the smaller the compiler,
: the larger the executable.

I'm not very interested in the TI-85, but you could follow my suggestion
and adapt an existent compiler to generate code for it. For example, you
might grab GNU's djgpp (gcc ported to DOS) and make it generate the
assembly code to run on your 85s.

Cross compilation is really no big deal, when you get down to it.