Re: END THIS THREAD!!!! (was: Re: TI sucks HP rules)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

writes:

>> <snip>
>>
>> Who really cares?  These calc wars are getting old.  We all know who will
>> win all of them on a TI mailing list, so let's just give it up.  If you like
>> your TI, GREAT!  If you like your HP, GREAT!  Can't we all just get along?
>

>I think we're getting along ok.  Comparing the TI and the HP is
>a valid and useful thing to do if it's done in an adult way.
>They're different and someone asked about the difference and
>since I own several of both now, I told him what I think.

I agree that comparing is ok, but the pointless flames that get into the
equation is what annoys me.  The original poster who started this "TI sucks
HP rules" thread was just a spammer who wanted to insult TI users in this
newsgroup.  Unfortunately, that person probably doesn't care if anyone
replies to him with a valid argument, and most likely doesn't even read
anything here.

>I don't think you can read any wars into my comments.  I pointed
>out what I think are the advantages of both and I pointed out that
>certain people (probably most people) will prefer the TI but the
>people who like to dig and customize will prefer the HP.  No war
>material there.  Just honest opinion when someone wanted to know
>the difference.

I was not referring to your comments.  It seemed that you were one of the
only people posting to the thread with maturity.  What irks me are these HP
people who come and just start some garbage.  I'm sure some TI people do it
too.  They don't discuss or compare anything.  Instead they simply want to
insult people.  I don't feel that is appropriate here, IMHO.  Other than
your posts and the posts of a few others, most of the posts of this nature
have had no point whatsoever of any consequence to make.

>I have both and I intend to use both, but not for the same things.
>I also intend to enjoy both and discussing them is part of enjoying
>them to me.

I agree wholeheartedly with discussing and comparing the two.  I just wish
that it could be done in a civilized manner.

Since you have an HP, what speed is the processor in the HP-48?  I have
heard people complain that it is a Saturn processor that is too slow.

cya

*  Eric P. Anderson                     "Who is General    *
*  crusader@mo.net                      Failure and why    *
*  http://walden.mo.net/~crusader/      is he reading      *
*  Finger for PGP public key.           drive C?"          *
*  Fprint:3E 3C 52 A2 C1 3F 61 B5 71 7F 10 F1 09 B4 D4 D7  *
*  This is a public notice that all unsolicited and/or     *
*  commercial emailers will be charged an archival and     *
*  downloading fee of U.S. $500.  Emailing me signifies    *
*  agreement to these terms.                               *
*  "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Jefferson *